The Goddess Is Alive And Magick Is Afoot

Thursday, December 6, 2012

I love me, 28 days of true love. Day 8

I love me, 28 days of true love. 
Random Acts of Kindness


Photobucket


How did your picture taking go? Did you get around to taking any pictures  today?  Did you take a picture of yourself making funny faces, a picture of one of your cute pets, how about your big toe...something?!?

I took pictures.  Yes, im doung all of this right along with you.  One of my  pictures was of my odometer on empty.  I was already laughing before I sent it to my son and text, " look at me I am on fumes!!" I was thinking how hilarious this moment would be for the two of us because we both love Seinfeld.  He knew exactly what I meant, and text me back "Go Kramer Go!!"  (If any of you know about that episode that's where Kramer has the brilliant idea to see how far he can drive on empty.)  We both had a really good laugh...and, that is the point of today. Being completely in the moment.  I hope you posted or saved your pictures.

********
Day 8

Today is a good day to perform, share, or do "random acts of kindness".  It's the perfect season to be aware of helping another person you know or someone you feel inspired to help.

After you have done your morning ritual of "I love you because....you are such a kind person you'll be great at this, (that's just an example).  Make a statement to yourself that you will be "open" to seeing what you can do to be aware of a spontaneous act of kindness.  Perhaps you'll feel like you need to make a short call to someone to say "hi".  (That is in one of our days.)  You can simply text people and say I hope you have a good day today "IF" that's what you're inspired to do.  Maybe it's holding a door open for someone with a smile. (Another one of our practices). Little acts of kindness will give that Little child inside hippety-hoppity  joy.  There is not a need for approval.  It's simple joy.

What came to mind is this, don't  you love it when little children lick their sucker and then stretch their arm out in your direction with that happy gleam in their eye and ask you to have a taste too. They want you to share in the sweetness of life and that's what you get to do today.  As a random act of kindness to yourself, you might want to get your own sucker. 
I'll get chocolate.  Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment